So, I saw the film Between the Folds yesterday with some math and science geeks. Oh my goodness, I loved it!! It had such an interesting blend of viewpoints, both analytical and artistic. You had artists that love what all you can do with a single piece of paper and artists that make pieces that move and artists that do abstract art with origami. You have scientists and mathematicians that are research origami and use it to aid in air bag creation and foldable optical lenses. They are very precise and make mathematical diagrams to create origami. It is also being used in schools (elementary and college) to teach math.
I have interests in both the artistic and the analytical. I struggle some with math and science but I adore such topics. I have a passion for them and like the challenge. The problem-solving aspect appeals to me a lot. As of late, I have wondered if my codependent tendencies have impressed upon me my interests in problem-solving. Though, I may just be over-analyzing. I have always over-analyzed, now more than ever.
What I am grateful for today:
- Being able to deal with icky winter weather.
- Hats that cover up untidy hair
- Being able to smile after feeling crappy
- My writing interest resparked
- My urge and determination for productivity and organization resparked
- Being able to realize symptoms of healthy and unhealthy relationships
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Leslie Sansone does walking tapes. I got mine two .. on ebay.. 6 months or so ago .. one for only 99 cents plus S & H and now the 3 miles one for 4.50 plus 2.75 S & H. Used. I have a VHS machine still and not a DVD.. unless I put it in my lap top.
ReplyDeleteI have her on Free Demand Exercise .. 1 mile and 2 miles are on that (verizon fios channels). But I wanted a 3 mile...one for days i feel more energetic..
It is not good to do a 2 mile and than a 1 mile...because the routine starts slow; goes faster and than cools down. The cool down makes you want to rest and not pump up your heart again to do the 1 mile.. (thus the 3mile one is better).
It is more like marching in places; Kicks; side steps; knew lifts; and kick backs.. (and I hold 3 lbs weights at times.. some of her WALKS are with weights and others are not.. but you can always use or not use weights).
I do more arm stuff too when I do her tapes that she does not include.. to hit more muscles.
I love these walking tapes.. nothing is hard on the body joints. I wear sneakers and do on a mat for further joints protection. (I'm not so athletic..lol)
P.S. love your gratitude list.
ReplyDeletenice. love the list as well. just posted on origami on friday...the intricacies and the meditation of creating it...
ReplyDeleteI love your list. And I love Origami, wanted tyo start for long. But to up juggling instead - quite a difference isnt it. Math - OH my, it started and finished asked me how much is 2 apples and 2 pear? My reply: 3 fruits I will eat one apple. I have no sense for the simplest addition but are great in metaphorical language. Giggle.
ReplyDeleteThanks again for the award IK, I just got around to place it on my blog. Hugs to you
Ms Hen - Oh, thanks for the walking tape explanation. I have ways to play both tapes and DVDs so that should give me lots of options. I'll have to take a peek at the library too. It's been kind of crappy for walking out and that looks like a nice way to get more exercise in.
ReplyDeleteBrian - Oh, it was funny, I saw that you blogged about it on that day. I was going to comment but got distracted.
Paula - Goodness, I don't know if I have the coordination for juggling. I'm better with languages and grammar but I guess I like a challenge. You're welcome for the award! Don't forget to blog ten things that make you happy!