I have a bit of drama and chaos going on lately, which has made updating difficult. However, this is not the place to dwell on that.
It has been quite cold here, luckily my car has been cooperating for street moving. It has a fancy battery as it seems cranky when it comes to starting. There may be something wrong with it, I will have to get it looked at. I also have to replace the window motors in my doors. However, I think I can do that with a friend's help.
It seems like one can be told stuff over and over but it doesn't really hit you until you realize it yourself. The idea of a home as an investment and a refuge truly resonated with me when I got reminded about how chaotic a home can be. I feel like I've seen a lot of house work and social interaction as almost drudgery. How negative! I can do a lot to bring peace and comfort where I live. However, I must not follow my old patterns of trying to fix all.
Though now is a time that is turbulent for me, I have a lot to be grateful for. I have a warm home. I have a good job. I have a number of ways to get affordable coffee. Besides my weight, I'm otherwise healthy. I have good-hearted people in my life. I live with a cat that just cracks me up at least once a day. I can take a hot shower whenever I want (as long as it's not in use).
I have a jolly of a teakettle that someone was going to throw away. I have plenty of warm clothes, many of them thrown out or donated to thrift stores by others. Actually, I got a gift card for Christmas that I will use to buy pants for work and maybe some long underwear. It's difficult to find things that fit me well at the waist and below that are used. I do a lot of walking in the cold and my legs are the only things that really get chilled.
I have all of these things and more to be grateful for. I am also finding positive things in very negative events or situations. That is becoming easier to do, which is neat.
From what I said above, you can probably tell I try my best to be frugal. Since much of what I have is used, my only real expense is food. Thus, I have a knack for making creative and frugal meals. I have been toying with the idea of creating a frugal blog. I have many tips and such that I have either found online or came up with myself that I would like to share. I would also like to document them for fast reference for me. I'll have to do a better job updating blogs.
For now, I'm going to go take care of some other things. Take care all! *hugs* <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love Frugal blogs and such. Have you ever read The Complete Tightwad Gazette by Amy Dacyzn (last name spelled wrong). There are some great web site.. like The Dollar STrecher run by Gary Foreman. He came out with a newsletter called Surviving Tough Times if you want to get it too. I got it yesterday sent to my email. Here is the link I thought you might like this newsletter from The Dollar Stretcher. You can view it here: http://www.stretcher.com/Newsletters/STT/10/January0610.html.
ReplyDeleteI started a Frugal the other week called Frugal Hen. This year 2010 I'm trying to get back to doing more frugal things. I made my own door draft stopper out of old tights and beans.
hugs
I love this. I am truly inspired. I have so much to be grateful for also. I think one of the great secrets to happiness is to recognize our blessings. ♥
ReplyDelete