Saturday, December 26, 2009

Holiday Update

Happy Holidays to all!  We are getting close to a new year and a new decade.  It seems like this decade really flew by.

As I type this, I am watching my favorite holiday movie, Gremlins.  That little Gizmo is too cute!  It kind of makes me jump, but I like it.  That Gizmo makes me laugh a lot.  I have some spinach dip bubbling away in a slow cooker and have been enjoying some caramel hot chocolate.

Today I dug out my car.  I used a snow blower for the first time.  I also did a lot of shoveling and breaking up snow underneath.  I feel really proud that I was able to get it out all by myself.  Though, I did call my roomie to ask for some tips about the snow blower.  I also borrowed my shovel to someone to dig out their car.  I also have been doing a lot of shoveling because of the blizzard.  I feel good about getting more exercise and being more self-reliant.  Part of the reason I am posting is to have a reminder of what I did.  I am working on being more positive about myself.

I have had an interesting Christmas.  I got to meet some family of a friends, got some homemade pottery, watched some movies, and made some food.  Some healing and emotion dealing was also done but thats for the other blog.

5 comments:

  1. Caramel Chocolate sound delicious..

    Good to remind ourselves to be joyful.

    Blogging is helpful... hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caramel chocolate sounds so delicious, YUMMY. Glad to hear you had a good time and I love the way how you remind yourself about the positiveness in your life. One moment at the time ;-) A very gratifying exercise to find one's own car under the snow and not having digged out someone else's car. Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spinach dip......-drools-

    Anyway Happy New Year! Hope to talk to you soon. My favorite Holiday movies are:
    A Christmas Carol
    The Nightmare Before Christmas
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WISHING YOU THE BEST AS THE NEW YEAR BEGINS.

    ReplyDelete