Yesterday, we had a lovely day of fog and haze. The trees are still white with frost from it. I did some lovely power walking yesterday, it was so nice in such weather. Now today was still rather nice but clear. I didn't do as much walking today but I got a bit done.
I got a giftcard for Christmas. In the past, I've saved them and used them to buy gifts for others. While that is frugal, I decided that I needed a few things for ME. So far, I got a red two year planner, a bra, panties, and socks! I know that doesn't sound very exciting, but I have a tendency to make do with as little as possible. I was going to get some slacks for work but that would have ate too much of my card. Plus, I didn't like what they had there.
One of the nicest presents I have received was a bunch of groceries from a dear friend! Yes, food gets eaten up but it was everything I like and use. It's fun to know people who are frugally-minded like me. They understand how excited I get when I get a good deal on some chicken or a sweater. They understand that while thrift stores and garage sales are cheaper, I also really enjoy reusing something that still has use. I dislike waste a lot!
It's funny, I feel over the last few years, my beliefs and ideals have settled. I am still learning and am willing to change my beliefs per necessary evidence. Slowly, different beliefs and ideas have bound together into a web. My ideals on self-reliance and self-sufficiency, independence and liberty for people, frugality, assertiveness, acceptance, respect, love, and freedom have all merged. It's been exciting seeing things come together.
Tonight, I am grateful for:
- leftover food
- cold water
- refreshing cool weather for walking
- finally believing that I deserve new stuff
- cozy socks
- understanding friends
- my progress on getting myself out of crummy moods
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

A lovely list of gratitude!!
ReplyDeleteI went for a walk in lovely weather on Tuesday and I was so grateful also!! It was so beautiful and such a lift.
xoxo
We sound like two peas in a pod.
ReplyDeleteOnce, 7 years ago, my daughter and her boyfriend got me groceries for Christmas. They asked what I wanted. Seriously. I said Groceries. It was the best present ever. :) The most appreciative. ..lol.
I got a gift card too; and was thinking of spending it on gifts for others.. but I'm going to get what I need. And I do need more bras too. Gosh we could be sisters... lol