I've been trying to figure out why I feel different. It's like I feel stronger, prouder in some way. Today I thought, well, maybe it's because I grew something of a spine as of late. As I have said, there have been problems with loved ones. Well, this last week, I couldn't get a hold of the one who is sick and my sibling that lives there.
They would not pick up the phone, which is so rare. Me and my other sibling were getting really worried. So, I made a call to the local law enforcement for a welfare check. I was so scared to do it. I thought I'd anger people by doing it. I was afraid that the protective dog around there would harm the officer checking and then he'd be put down. I was so worried about getting yelled at or what have you. I decided whatever happened was worth knowing they were ok. Turns out they were, but never did call us to let us know.
So, the worry grew another few days. I had enough. I wanted to see with my own eyes that they were ok. Why hadn't they contacted us? So, I went there. I took off work and other stuff I needed to do. It had to be done. We were worried sick, quite literally. I was so scared I'd get yelled at for coming unannounced and late in the day.
I would probably have to expand more on this for it to be clear how huge this is for me. This person terrifies me, even now. I don't think it's realized how terrifying because the person didn't directly harm me. But I saw and heard enough for this fear to grow. Most of the fear is unnecessary, but I still need to learn this. Actually, it all is. It's just such a knee-jerk reaction.
I feel proud of myself. I acted like a big sister, not a coward. I even told them I loved them, which doesn't sound odd but in our family it is. Affection just was not given most of the time. I feel good about breaking the cycle of showing affection and love. Love and fear may not make any sense. It is how I feel. I know what pain I have from my past was not intentional. It reminds me of a lyric from a song Katie posted recently:
I know they tried to keep their pain from meGoodness, I'd listen to it, but I already feel like crying and should wait on that.
They could not see what it was for
Anyway, I feel pretty exhausted after writing about this. I have some problems to deal with this weekend and the goal of making it a fun, happy weekend. Oh, dang it. It looks like it'll be cloudy at night this weekend. So much for any starry nights. Hopefully that changes. Anyway, I wish you all the best and to take care! Thank you so much for all of the loving thoughts and words on this blog and my others. I truly appreciate it! <3

wow, IK, it does sound like a huge deal! i have a sense of what this might have meant for you without knowing more specifics. and i'm familiar with having learned to be afraid of someone even if you were never their target.
ReplyDeletei do see how love and fear are possible. you can love someone for who they are deep down. but fear how they will treat you.
hugs and love to you, IK~ i hope you do have a relaxing weekend. you deserve it :)
IK, congrats. That was a big thing to do. You can be so proud of youreself. For sure I am proud of you. Have calm weekend.
ReplyDeleteHi IK,
ReplyDeleteI was swimming during vacation at a resort :) hehe last week. It was so funny to see my literally knee-jerk reaction - I would stumble and fall, panic in the 4 feet deep pool. I was surprised !
I felt that the realization was I am moving from a plane of discomfort to one of comfort, Here i find that the odd-old feeling of panicking does not go even in safe waters, or was it because I had bad experiences trying to swim in standard olympic-size pools during my younger days.. So with the realization, i can slowly ( with little baby steps) move forward and start losing my panic reactions. Its just that I don't like that water gushing into my nostrils and sends out a burning sensation - which later gives a me a feeling similar to that of my health disorder.. i don't like that burning sensation in my forehead..
Well, it has been fun at the vacation (leave from work and routines..) and now back to the grind..
Hope everything will work out to the better for us all ...
Best wishes!!
This is the third post I've come across in the last half hour that speaks of people letting go of fear.
ReplyDeleteI suppose I was meant to see this today.
Maybe someone is trying to tell me something?