Well, a lot has been going on since I last updated.
My family wasn't answering their phone again. I was ready to send a postcard as we feared something had happened to their utilities or something like that. Right before I sent it, I tried calling the cell one last time. They got the cell plugged in and got a new landline phone in a couple of days. It seems like me showing my concern last time got them to be more thoughtful. So, that's cool.
I've been working on a project for school. It's with a group but the other computer student has not been pulling their weight. It's not out of malice, it just seems that there is no willingness on their part to figure out something complicated. It's as though they want to be taught it. And they were supposed to know something about it and have had weeks to figure it out. Also, the lab we need was shut down for a week, reserved yesterday, and the power went out last night and knocked down the campus' computers. Ok, I'll stop venting. I've just decided to work on it myself and I'll take what credit I've done for work. I'm glad I've learned some assertiveness. In the past, I've always let others walk on me and take credit. No more.
Today has been a miserable day in some ways. I have awful cramps and nauseous from them. I hurt my knee a couple weeks back and hurt it again a few days ago. So I am staying off the bike. That takes more time walking and I'm walking slower because of the knee. But it gets better each day so that's great.
I got what I need for the project done but need to run it on the computers that are done to fix and debug it. So that will have to wait. I have a test next week so I guess I now have more time to study for that. So, that's cool.
Feeling crappy and wanting something positive, I went quote hunting and rediscovered one of my favorites:
Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. ~Buddha
Isn't that awesome? For me, I can say I learned a little today and am sick but will be lots better tomorrow. That's one thing cool about cramps, they aren't long-lasting. Usually just a day. I'd be better off if I didn't get so stressed lately and sabotage myself. I've also slacked on healthy habits like water and nutrients. So, I got to get back to that. It's neat, I used to be so all or nothing. I still struggle with it, but I can at least get back on that horse and try again. I used to think failure was so final. That reminds me of another quote:
I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed. ~Michael Jordan
He has some awesome quotes, he seems like a positive person and I think that's part of his success. Positivity seems huge in that. I can still be so negative sometimes but I just keep on trying. I'm getting better in a lot of ways, slowly but surely.
I've taken to posting more inspirational quotes and such on my Facebook. Amidst the game posts and ramblings of others, I like to sprinkle some positivity and thought-provoking goodness on others' walls. I put that Buddha one up there today. I figured in my crappy state, I can still share something good.
I really enjoy Buddhism. I don't know a whole lot about it but some of its teachings suit me nicely. Mindfulness and savoring life seems like a big part of it from what I can tell.
Oh and for more update-related stuff, you can check out my post about relating to kids as it is related to recent events. The other day, I saw a colorful chalk-covered sidewalk. Right there, I decided I must get myself some chalk so I can do that. When I was a kid, I lived out in the country and we didn't have much sidewalk to do that stuff with.
Also, listening to the inner child stuffs, I bought Little Women in this used book store. I love that story, it is one of my favorite stories of all time. It was such a comfort when I was a kid. The Little House on the Prairie series was as well. In Little Women, I related to them all to some degree. Meg as the eldest and most responsible (plus we share a name). Beth as the shy and kind one. Amy for her artistic bent but not much else with her. I related to Jo the best. She struggled with her temper and for not fitting the societal expectations of being a young lady. And she loved to write.
The used book store is really cool. He had to move to a bigger store due to fire hazards and police complaints. He has soooo many books. I think he's a book lover like me and can't bear to throw them out. Even the trashy romance novels have a place, though he doesn't consider that proper literature. I've found a lot of therapy and healing books there but have only bought that one codependent book. He has a lot of old and beautiful books, it's so cool. I like to try to give him some business though I don't have much money. He had some lovely hardcovers of Little Women but I'm being frugal. He buys books from people too. I think I'll have to sell him some that I just can't bear to throw but never look at.
Oh wow, well this was sure random. Well, not really as everything is threaded together in some way. But writing this made me feel better so that's cool.
Oh, and I should do a gratitude list:
- the people in my life, presently or online
- for growth and struggle as it helps me
- for my period, as it's a part of life and means my body is still preparing to bring forth life which is pretty amazing
- for bulb flowers as they bloom early and add more colors to grass. tulips come in so many colors and i just love yellow daffodils they are so happy
- for my knee pain getting better. i know so many with chronic pain and am grateful to not have such struggles
- for ice cold water, string cheese, nuts, peppers, onions, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, fish, oranges, bananas, grapes, pineapples, berries, yogurt, cottage cheese, peanut butter, tea, spinach, brussel sprouts, cabbage, lettuce, broccoli, and italian dressing for they make eating healthier so much easier
- for rain to green the grass and help the farmer's crops
- for music to cheer me up
Oh, and a self-esteem booster since this is a major issue for me:
- intelligence, i may not be the smartest but I'm pretty smart and I shouldn't feel bad about that
- sense of wonder, may I never lose that at any age
- kindness, for I truly love people and do not mean to harm them and do like making them smile or their lives a tish easier
- my passion, what my brains and skills have not been able to do and what my issues and flaws may hinder, my passion has been what keeps me going
- my idealism, i believe in peace and love and happiness, i believe people deserve to be treated right and to have liberty
- my frugality, it has kept me out of a cardboard box and makes me waste less and see what's truly important in life
Oh, and a happy happy belated birthday to Elizabeth (aka Ms Hen)!!! I wish you well now and the years beyond.
Take care everyone! Sending you all much love and peace! *hugs* <3

I can so relate to the quote by Michael Jordan.
ReplyDeleteI very much enjoyed this post. I like the mixture between random and reason, depth and lightness. Makes it easier to get to know you. Hugs across the pond. Have agood start into the weeks and watch out for your knee.
wow, what a super post! it's nice to hear about the varied things you are going through and thinking about. reading this cheered me up. thanks for sharing your positivity :)
ReplyDeleteand thanks for that amazing buddha quote :) i'd never heard that before.