I wanted to share this from my other blog. It's a nice list of what brings me joy. I wrote it for March's Blog Carnival Against Child Abuse.
The flood didn't get me. The water is still icky but not too bad. Part of the interstate outside town is covered by overland flooding. The snow's pretty much gone here. I finally got my bike out today! Oh goodness, it was so much fun to ride! It's such a great stress buster for me.
School, work, personal stuff is all overwhelming me now but I just work my way through. I used to lock up completely when overly stressed, but I seem to be getting better at coping. I fear I have lost someone very dear to me due to issues and me struggling right now. I'm trying to not worry and to just keep trucking, but it saddens me a lot. Well, whatever is going on, is. I got over my control/conflict avoidance funk enough to re-open communication. I guess I will see what happens. I don't have jury duty but things are pretty busy now. So if I don't comment or visit much, do know that I think of you all and enjoy your posts!
Take care! *hugs* <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I know how it is to be too busy to comment. Sometimes all I can do is skim things and sometimes I think I will only skim things and get lost in somethinh really great and am late for something else.... whatever happens, it's what's meant to happen.
ReplyDeletethats my philosophy... when I can reamember it :-)
Hi IK,
ReplyDeleteThey say for 'All is well':
What could you not accept, if you but knew that everything that happens, all events, past, present, and to come, are gently planned by One Whose only purpose is your good?
i'm so glad you're feeling better and getting better at coping and accepting yourself where you are. and feeling less controlling. so inspiring and i feel like i'm on a similar path lately.
ReplyDeleteand about your friend. i have lost friends along the way, sometimes due to my own issues, sometimes due to theirs, these times can be painful and hard to accept.
i think if people can join us along our path, then that is great. but sometimes our paths diverge and we go separate ways. and that's not necessarily anyone's fault. it's just the way things are going. i think the best we can do is continue to work on ourselves and our healing.
hugs to you, IK~
I want to tell you thank you for your kinds words. I'm happy lately more and more.. and I'm keeping my life that way. There will always be conflicts (job losses) etc... but I'm happier.. and that means not staying in any bad relationships. Dating is just about Learning.. and ending things are healthy..when you learn the other person is not right. The 3 As in Al-anon.. Awareness * Acceptance * Action. I had the awareness to say no; and accept that this person is not right; and the action was ending things before getting further involved. And doing so in a proper manner.
ReplyDeletejust stay strong....Sarah
ReplyDelete