Ok, I'm moving back to a calm mood. I'm sorry for being so vague on here. One of my parents is very private in regards to the Internet, thus I keep what I say about both of them rather vague. However, I feel that I can post how I feel and such. I've been in denial of sorts. I knew things may go badly, but don't really know how to face it. I've been afraid to say anything about it, as though that might make it happen for sure. However, it's going to happen sometime. I should be prepared regardless.
The flood is on its way here. People have been scrambling with making sandbags. I just tasted our tap water tonight. It tastes funny now. Yuck. It did that last year too. I'm not sure how to explain it, it makes me think of yogurt. Luckily, we are pretty high here. I hope others can keep their houses dry.
I have not been writing my gratitudes. So, here we go! I am grateful for:
- sunny weather
- boots that keep my feet dry and warm
- making others feel good by being kind
- that I can still enjoy coffee, even when intaking less
- being aware of my thoughts and feelings
- the goodness of people in my life
- though not in ideal wellness, my mind and body are sound
<3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thinking of you. We are not every day teh same. There are such and such days. What I love most about teh stage of my mind currently is that I accept that there are suich and such days. Used to beat me up for not feeling good and being Superwoman! I am sorry about your parents. It must be haunting. Sorry that you dont dare getting it out here however I understand where you are coming from. I am keeping you and yours in my thoughts. Love, Paula
ReplyDeleteI can relate to posting about parents. Guilt overrides me at times because I put my feelings out there about certain situations they have placed me in, but I have to remind myself that I need to get it all out there and that it can be done tactfully and respectfully.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear you are calming down. Those moments seem to be too few in our lives sometimes. Enjoy your day!
I have a hard time remembering to be grateful as well. I think I will go meditate on that for a while :-)
ReplyDeleteHope you weather the storm well...
hi IK, this is your blog and your space, you don't have anything to apologize for :) i understand needing to be more private about family issues, as my family is able to read my blog if they want. it's hard sometimes to find that balance between writing what i need to, and respecting their feelings.
ReplyDeletei wish you all the best through everything you're going through now. for awhile i thought when you were talking about the floods coming, that it was a metaphor, but it sounds like where you live there will be actual floods. so i hope that goes ok too.
gratitude lists are great! thank you for sharing yours. it inspired me to think of my own.
hugs to you~~ :)
Thinking of you. Just checked Fargo`s situation online. Hope all is ok with you. You are right the idea with intuitve paintings is neat. I feel a bit sad not getting a straight answer I was asking for. Hugs across the pond. Love, Paula
ReplyDeleteHI there, how are you doing? Keep you in my thoughts.
ReplyDelete