The Pioneer Woman
While she discusses how she became a rancher's wife and the life after, her cooking section is what brought me to her. I believe I came across her page while searching for how to prepare dried beans. I do enjoy how she's not afraid of butter and the variety of ingredients that she uses. She has a variety of homey and somewhat elegant recipes. I like how she uses pictures to go through the recipe and her sense of humor.
Simply Recipes
I discovered Elise's cooking blog when I was searching for whole food recipes. I have become more disgusted by the amount of processing our food goes through and the chemicals involved. Elise and her parents have tried every recipe on her blog and rarely use processed foods. The recipes are nicely categorized and offer a delightful variety. Her gravy instructions have really helped me fine-tune my gravy-making abilities.A Year of Slow Cooking
During the year of 2008, Stephanie had a New Year's Resolution to use a slow cooker every day of 2008. This blog chronicles that resolution and even recipes into this year. As I am a fairly busy person, I love the use of a slow cooker. There is nothing like coming home to a hot and ready meal. You will be amazed by what all she is able to make in a slow cooker. I have tried a number of recipes with good results. Due to her daughter having celiac, all her recipes are also gluten-free. However, if that is not a concern, you can easily substitute wheat or other gluten-containing products.I hope these links may provide you with new recipes! Enjoy!

I love cooking and during my time in Tampa I loved to check out new recipes etc however my first visit to the Supermarket (Publix) really shocked me with all this processed and pre-prep food as well as the amount of plactis used for all sorts of things at the supermarket. In Europe, not just Germany, we use cotton bag for hsopping or have to pay for the plastic bags. Makes u more conscious about the use and u may use the bags more often. Yepp, that is poss as the bags are very stable. However I discovered Whole Foods very quickly and my little world became more right again ;-) For sure I will check out Simply recipes.
ReplyDeleteI love to cook. I'll have to check out those blogs. Btw: I "replied" to your comments on my blog.
ReplyDelete