Academic link on clouds.
After my thrilling two-line post about kiwis (hey, I was actually wondering about that), I've been trying to think of something I'd want to learn more about. I've been a bit dragged down as of late and didn't really feel like posting what I have been looking up (defense mechanisms) so I tried to think of something cheery.
At that point, I got thinking about clouds. When I was younger, I was taught the different types in science class but have forgotten them. Cumulonimbus are my favorites. I actually saw a couple of beautiful Cumulonimbus yesterday, which got me thinking about clouds. I shall post their pics when I can.
I've always been one for looking up, ever since I was a child. By day, it was the clouds that fascinated and intrigued me. At night, it was the stars. Oh, my feelings about the stars can easily be another post.
With clouds came storms, which also are very interesting to me. My feelings for storms balances between my interest in clouds and my love for the stars. However, (non-storm) clouds and stars never bring the feeling of anticipation and fear that a strong storm can.
Anyway, I hope that link is useful. It's interesting to me how different clouds form at different elevations. Perhaps I will have to do some deeper reading in what determines what characteristics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Interesting. I love looking at clouds and guessing what they are.
ReplyDelete