Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Feminity as Symptom

Linkie link.

I discovered the above link just today, while reading about feminity. I have been thinking about how I am as of late. I was raised a tomboy and have quite a mixture of traits. I thought that this article highlights the characteristics expected in women. It also has a good example of how damaging it can be to be considered 'not feminine enough'. Also, how trying to uphold such expectations may bring out depression in women.

I just thought it was interesting, and since the point of this blog is to post things I find, I placed it here. Please post your thoughts, I would enjoy hearing them!

2 comments:

  1. I think there is also the complete opposite of that in our society. Being too feminine can be a disease to some people also. Maybe I should write about it lol. I was actually thinking of blogging about femininity today before I got here and read this. How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was a tomboy, but really because to escape home life and I just loved sports!

    ReplyDelete