Thursday, November 19, 2009

Instead Of...

Getting upset when I sleep in, I should be grateful I woke up at all.
Grumbling about what others do, I should focus on what I am doing.
Being upset about my shyness, I should improve my social skills.
Focusing on other's past, I should embrace my present with them.
Saying words of hate, I should think words of love.
Thinking a day is ruined, I should find a way to turn it around.
Assuming negative, I should assume positive.
Complaining, I should count my blessings and look for good.
Beating myself up, I should comfort and support myself.
I compiled this list last night, adding the last two today. I was thinking about what all caused negative feelings and reactions within. I believe reading this list everyday or when I'm feeling negative should help remind me of alternative paths. One and six were already ones to remind myself of today.

It's a beautiful morning, sunny and blue with hardly any wind. I made a wonderful pork and veggie stew last night. I used my leftover ham bone and some leftover bacon, though it was mostly all potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, and cabbage. I adore cabbage, it's frugal and healthy. I make cabbage roll hotdish with it and soups and stir fries, its quite versatile. Now I am going to get myself some coffee and enjoy my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment